What are the effects of sun and environmental damage to our skin?
The UV rays from the sun destroy the building blocks of your skin – collagen and elastin. This causes wrinkling and sagging.
Pollution is also problematic for skin, in more ways than one. Air pollutants can affect the skin’s ability to retain moisture levels causing skin to become dry and scaly. These two things can disturb the skinís regulatory system.
Here are the some great tips for skin protection.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat foods rich in antioxidants.
- Have a rainbow coloured plate of food.
- Opt for genuine natural skin products.
Your skin plays a vital role in protecting your body, so it’s important to take steps to promote skin health inside and out.
Firstly letís start from the inside.
- Solgar V2000. A high potency multivitamin and mineral formula providing broad spectrum nutritional support for daily vitality.
- Vitamin C – not only does it protect the immune system it is also essential for the repair of all body tissues and the formation of collagen. It is a powerful antioxidant and helps with elasticity of the skin.
- An antioxidant – a berry rich vitamin such as Lifestream’s Essential Berries.
Now let’s talk about the outside.
- Sunscreen – Pure Shade sunscreen 50 + UVA and UVB protection.† This should be part of your daily routine.
- Living Nature cleanse, tone and moisturize.
- Living Nature body lotion and shower gel.
- Living Nature shampoo and conditioner.
Why do we recommend Living Nature? It’s 100% natural, uniquely New Zealand.
The hero ingredient in Living Nature is Manuka Honey. It is nature’s miracle healer and Manuka oil is a powerful skin protector.
We would also recommend Oasis sunscreen for the whole family.
All these products can be found at all our Health for Life stores.