Astaxanthin and Skin Health
One of the reasons why salmon roe is red in colour has to do with the high levels of astaxanthin that it contains. Astaxanthin has powerful UV-blocking properties that help protect the fish eggs from sun-related damage. Taking astaxanthin can also provide humans with similar health benefits. As a side benefit, the antioxidant has also been shown to reduce wrinkles, and to improve skin moisture levels.
Lifestream AstaZan™ is a unique extract with astaxanthin, a natural substance that has very powerful and far-reaching antioxidant benefits. Studies have shown it to be considerably more effective at free radical scavenging than Beta carotene, Grape Seed, Vitamin C & Vitamin E.
It brings a new level of effectiveness and is unlike any other antioxidant as it also helps with sun protection and exercise recovery.
Lifestream AstaZan is active throughout the entire body. The unique structure of the active component allows it to pass the “blood-brain barrier”, meaning it can deliver antioxidant benefits directly to the brain, eyes and nervous system as well as the rest of the body.
Lifestream AstaZan also helps recycle other antioxidants including vitamin E, beta carotene, lycopene and glutathione switching them back “on” and prolonging their functional life.
JUST ONE CAPSULE A DAY:
- Helps limit sunburn by helping to protect from ultraviolet radiation.
- Helps recovery time after exercise
- Is considerably more effective than Vitamin E as an antioxidant
- Uniquely crosses the ‘blood-brain barrier’ to deliver antioxidants directly to the brain, eyes and nervous system.
- Has superior antioxidant activity against free radical damage